Saturday, 15 May 2010

Making Friends With The Poster Press

I've been away for much of April - trips to London, Berlin and Girona. Each of these has been completely superb especially in terms of inspiration for making work -the most frustrating thing has been that I have nothing but a phone camera on which to take photographs. So I have been wandering around these cities and taking somewhat poor photographs of posters, billboards, signwriting and shop signs. In amongst this was a worry that I have this press, but what if I have nothing to say with it - I might return home in silence. On my return I had the good fortune to receive more type from Jeremy. I cannot believe my good fortune - he has been immensely generous and I am indebted to him. I have spent a few evenings sorting it and cleaning it - I get completely absorbed in it and find it really relaxing. The build up to printing has been the usual struggle with other jobs taking priority, but today - finally - I went in there and made a start. I have finally made a couple of roughs for a new poster; I'll post images once I have worked on it - when I am happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment